Whether it is furthering his education and perfecting his musical craft, he goes full steam. That is why Bruce Wayne is one of the hardest working people I know. With words that convey real meaning and express real life situations, you may see what he is all about. The voice and flow that can ride any beat you need to know Bruce Wayne. You do not know him now, but you will. His music can be listened to for free, streaming from his visiting his Soundcloud.
Words and photography by Lauren Anthony
First off, let the people know who you are
- (Sparks blunt).. They don’t know me; they should get to know me. I won’t sell myself and follow the standard of letting you know who I am. I don’t care if they don’t know me. But one day they will.
No lie, I like how you answered that… How do you feel about the recent blowup of the Mid-West? Granted, we have been around for a while with Bone Thugs, Eminem, Nelly starting it, now you have Cudi, Chip, Big Sean, etc. The last few years it has gained a lot of popularity.
- When you look at these artist, 9 out 10 they have written off because of Nelly with “Country Grammer”, they think we’re country. They believe that we steal everything from everyone. Its not that we steal it, we’re just everything put together. A lot of people who blow up around here, move to Miami, shit, if I were to blow up; I would probably still live off Mitchell. The Mid-West is forever because of guys like Bone Thugs and Eminem; they started this Mid-West thing for us. I prefer to do this music thing then ask someone about the Mid-West. I listen to Chip, Cudi and frequently Big Sean though. I like those dudes.
What message do you want to get across to the people through your music?
- Everything is not bad, as it seem. At the end of the day you aren’t as fucked up as you think you are, or as good. My music is the median. I’m the balance. I’m the silver lining in the cloud. I’m the middle line because you have to stay grounded. My grandmother told me never to let anything control my emotions. I want to be the fine line between grace and bliss. I’m the fine line between the bullshit that can’t be seen. I believe that’s what I can be.
Right, right. Sometimes people let things control them and need to realize things could be a lot worse than what they are… Who are your musical influences?
- From 6th grade till my senior year of high school, never listened to anyone else except Jay. Now that I’m in college, it’s Curren$y. His music, his mind state, live it up but it your means. He’s the underground Jay-Z. I can go around the country and ask anyone that question, 7 out of 10, they know Curren$y. He raps about life, what he’s doing, and if I can acknowledge and feel close to that. I respect that. It’s the same shit I’m on. Jay-Z, talks about things that no average person would have or know about. Hell, I wont ever have most of the things he talks about in his raps. When I came to college, changing what I listen to helped my raps for the better. A hood dude would be better off listening to Waka than Jay-Z. Spitta changed me.
Jets Fool! Would he be your dream collab, or someone else?
- Adele man! Adele, she’s going to hit diamond level sales. When you see her, she’s so humble. How can one person be so humble with 6 Grammys now? I love soulful shit.
What can the people expect from you next?
- A masterpiece. Mozart, Beethoven, Etta James. Some shit up my sleeves that too big to fit. This music is something that will impact the world. SuiteLife 1 and SuiteLife 2 were crack. SuiteLife 3, is my coming out party. Something that ten Indians can sit in a one-bedroom apartment banging my shit because they feel me. C.O.O.L. mixtape we’re working on, Peaples Choice with BertoDaFreshman, project with Live Martez, something with SDOT. But Suitelife 3, look out for that, graduation. It will drop the day I graduate. Mark your calendars.
- Bruce Wayne, Wayne EnterpriZe, B Team, C.O.O.L. shit!. Shout out to my niggas; Raf, Barga, Berto, Youngsta, and everyone else. L.J. you’re last on my list. You made this happen. Real life situations, I’m out.
- Complex: Sh*t Sneakerheads Say Video
- Drake – The Motto featuring Lil Wayne & Tyga (Official Music Video)
- The Game featuring Tyler, The Creator & Lil Wayne – Martians Vs. Goblins (Official Music Video)
- News: Lil Wayne Releases New Album, Tha Carter IV
- News: Lil Wayne featuring Drake – She Will